BURIED COUNTRY (CD ONLY)
Compilation of Aboriginal Australian country music which nods its head to Clinton Walker's book and CD set from 2000. When we say country, it is a broader category than you might imagine. This album contains all kinds of sounds. The cosmic organ driven dream song of Black Allan Barker, the didgeridoo driven intensely political Galarrwuy Yunupingu, the first rock and roll song to be sound in language by the Warumpi Band, the ballad singing of Armidale's own Maisie Kelly, the sophisticated balladry of Bobby McLeod and much much more. A diverse cross section of historical Aboriginal contemporary roots music. All of this material has never been reissued on vinyl before. Political and powerful songs from communities throughout Australia. This is a truly unique album. A co-release with our friends Mississippi Records in the US.
All profits from this release are going to the Aboriginal Literacy Foundation.
1. Black Allan Barker - Take Me Back
2. Galarrwuy Yunupingu - Gurindji Blues
3. Warumpi Band - Jailanguru Pakarnu
4. Kankawa Nagarra - Yanany Baliba
5. The Kooriers - Sick of Being Treated like a Mangy Old Dog
6. Jimmy Little - The Coloured Lad
7. Brown Bros - Black and White cat
8. Dougie Young - They Call it Cut a Rug
9. Maisie Kelly - My Home in the Valley
10. Harry Williams & the Country Outcasts - Streets of Fitzroy
11. Bobby McLeod - The Resurrection